quote

"Think of the world you carry within you." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I can't got back to sleep.
You know why?
Because, like an idiot, I rubbed my eyes at 6:30 in the morning and now all the sleep is gone and all I can do is lay here and think to myself you should probably finish the next book inthe the Ender series (Xenocide). You should probably finish reading that book. Yeah. You should do that.
Only I'm not going to do that. You know why? Because I'm lazy. Because I'm laying here in bed and my eyes are still tired and the rest of me wants to be awake. It wants something to do without doing to much. I think the sad thing is that I probably could have slept another couple of hours, I could lay here and doze if it wasn't for my stupid brain imagining all these things. I have so many thoughts running through my head right now. Don't you hate when that happens?
Like I remembered those shoes that my mom wanted me to exchange when I went shopping with my dad and now I'm really hoping that she'll forgt about them because I'm going to the mall again today but with someone and I really don't want to haveto carry a giant shoe bag around, particularily because the last time we went to the mall I had to make him stop in the shoe store to BUY a new pair of the same boots for my aunt. So mother stress is combining with social stress and that is really not fun.
Also I'm starting to realize that this is really not what I set put to do with this blog. I wanted to talk about stuff in the literary world and give you cool ideas and Fu. Things to go read and see bit it's not really turning out that way so I apologize. I wanted to give book reviews and talk about what it means to write but it's hard to concentrate on the big picture when your own little view is beautiful enough. I don't think people appreciate the food things they have enough. Little things like their own rooms or food or friends but also things like the place around them where they live. That they can see and hear and taste and feel. In my case it's my family and my friends. My whole life. I feel like I preach being lucky and thankful a lot but it's important to realize: it might help you get happy; might help you realize that all you really need is right around you.

2 comments:

  1. "all you really need is right around you"
    just maybe, finally starting to realize this. I think it's a sign to see the phrase pop up again here haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're writing. That's what you set out to do. Sure, this isn't my favorite post that I've ever read but I like hearing what you have to say. It's always interesting, and never annoying.

    ReplyDelete