You know what's pretty awesome? When your grandpa takes you out on the back roads of Vermont after a snow storm and spins the car around on the ice... on purpose! =D
It was super cool. There's this tiny publishing house in a small town nearby where my grandparents live and I like to drive on the back roads (that's pretty much the only time I like to drive) so my grandpa was like "HEY! Let's go for a ride!" And I drove up there, and then he drove back. On the way home he pulled off into one of these little side parking lots where people stop to look at moose and bears and stuff-- I was like, "Grandpa Rod, what are you doing?" And then he looked around all over the place and then accelerated the car (I was really freaked out because for a split second I thought he was going crazy) and then he did this little gear monuever thing with the brake and the emergency brake and the car spun around!!!!
IT WAS SO COOL.
He's going on and on about how to do it and how a move like that can save you if the roads are in a certain condition and I'm just sitting there thinking "Oh my god. That was just like a movie!!!" And then he does it again, but this time spins it completely 180 degrees. Of course, he spends the next twenty minutes trying to explain it to me but I don't understand gears so ninety percent of what he said was babbling. Like the adults in Peanuts.
[The Moral of this story is that my grandpa is awesome, and cool things happen during Winter Break]
More cool things that happened: I got a leather jacket, saw Tangled (aka CUTEST MOVIE EVER) and saw my paternal cousins, which is freaking awesome because I haven't seen one of them in like, years.
Yeahbutso Christmas was actually pretty awesome. I loved it. Christmas day was freaking awesome; lots of presents, lots of family, lots of fun. I can't really say much more than that.
But then i went to Vermont... and the happy haze was shattered for a moment before revived slightly by coming home and seeing more relatives and above mentioned cousin reunion.
Now I'm back to *doom* because... guess what?
My birthday is in a couple days... yeah, January 2. And I'm turning 18 and I'm not sure if i like that. Mostly because I have to figure out if I'm going to have a party in a week or something or if I'm going to just hang with friends-- and I know you're probably thinking "Jesus, Alexa, it's just a party." But, you see, I am party-deficient. I can't throw them. I am physically incapable of throwing a party. I can do to them, sure. I love parties. But have one? At my house? No. Sorry. Can't do it. Last year I didn't have to worry about it because a) I figured it was okay not to have one and then b) my friends threw one for me. But this year they aren't going to do that and I kinda want one... 18 is sorta big, isn't it? More reasons I'm freaking out/ unhappy/ stressing is because 18 means you are an adult now and i don't want to grow up. Sorry, just don't. Also, I always get crappy presents on my birthday. Christmas is great and I always get great stuff, but I think people kinda get tired on my birthday. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the things. I totally have enough crap. It just sort of disappoints me that my birthday is, i don't know, second rate. Like that it isn't a big deal. Birthdays are a big deal. It's the anniversary of your birth. Existence is kinda important, don'tcha think? And my parents... and my friends...
It's no big deal, just something I think about sometimes. Anyway, remember the book plan? Well draft two is in progress. I haven't even finished reading through all of draft one but I have so big plans for the revisions. BIG PLANS. Like, adding a couple of characters and a WHOLE NEW VILLAIN plans. I've remembered why I wanted to write in the first place, and why I love the characters. :) The only problem is that I really really really want to get Scrivener, this computer program designed for writers and to help with the writing process. Unfortunately I have to wait until some undisclosed time for the Windows version to be released. *grumbles* Mac bothers me to no end its not fair.
ahhh you saw tangled too? loooved it :D and your grandpa sounds way more awesome then mine ever could be just saying haha
ReplyDeletehappy almost birthday by the way, and happy new year!