quote

"Think of the world you carry within you." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Numero Tres

Oh! Hey!

Yeah, Hi, I just went to this fantastic restuarant, called El Mariachi. You ever been to Albany?

Well, the next time you go, you have to check this place out. It's great. My friend Brittni and I went there today for an early dinner. I had Rebosos con Mole, which is fried plantains (like bananas) in a tortilla with Mole ("MOH-lay") sauce. Do you know what Mole sauce is?

Only the GREATEST SAUCE IN HISTORY. It's mostly very light flavored chocolate, but it's got a lot of spices in it. It's spicy :) And I love it. And it's fantastic on banana things with crispy chips. My friend Brittni and I go there whenever we can. I have to admit I have acquired something of an addiction. Everytime we go there that's the only thing I really eat. That, and virging strawberry daiquiri's.

The first time Bri and I went there and we ordered the daiquiri's we were very excited. Brittni because she absolutely loves daiquiri's and hadn't had one in forever, and I because we were in Mexican/Spanish restuarant with awesome vibes. We got the drinks, and we took a sip, and after a minute we both paused. It was great, but there was something off about them. Naturally, we kept drinking. And drinking. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with them.

"Hey," I said to her whilst slipping, "Do you think... Is it possible that she didn't give us virgin daiquiri's?"

Brittni froze. She smirked. We locked eyes, then looked our drinks. "It's possible..." She said. But that made me nervous. Shouldn't we say something? She shook her head. "They probably use the same blender." Oh, okay.

So we kept drinking, thinking that if there really was any alcohol we'd eventually feel the effects. The food came, we ate the food, Alexa freaked out because of the beautiful mole, and eventually it was time to leave. The daiquiri's were gone. BUT THE MYSTERIOUS TASTE WAS STILL THERE.

What could it be? We wondered as we left (that's a lie. Neither one of us really cared/rememered until we ate there again, a week later) what it could be.

The answer?

LIME!

The next time we had them, they tasted way better, knowing what the mysterious taste was.

So you have to try it. This restuarant. The Mole. The strawberry-lime daiquiri's. But don't go to the other El Mariachi's ('cause I guess there's more than one). You have to go to the one on the corner of Swan and Hamilton. It's the best.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment